August 12, 2012

Maybelline: Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

Why, hello! I'm back and almost feeling better. But definitely back! I've missed doing this. I really don't know what happened, and now even my siblings ended up sick. I guess you really have to go trough it once every summer.
Well, today I'm going to review the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black! What a mouthfull, haha :)

Product file:
- Available in Blackest Black 950, Brown 952, Charcoal 954, Eggplant 956.
- Also comes in Black Gold/Gold Black which is part of the Black Collection*
- Smudge- and water-proof
- Claim: 24-hour wear
- Comes with a brush

I tried to swatch it both lightly and harshly to show how the brush works. It's a bit of a wide brush and is not a firm and angled brush. It's a bit thick and is slighly rounded. That's why I wasn't successfull in applying it smoothly and precise. I had to tug at my skin to be able to make it work for me. I have actually used the brush as a lipliner and it does a way better job doing so! 
As you can see on swatch picture 2 (with my hand) the thickest swatch is the one that does not show any handpalm lines. That's because the rest of the lines are all one stroke, except for this one that is built on a couple of layers. That's the most intense colour you can get, which isn't exactly the best one out there. And it smudges. It's not very clear but between the different strokes, you can see how my skin turned a bit greyish because of that. It smudges but it doesn't move out of place. 


It was actually a bit hard to apply the gel liner because it has a certain strange formula to it. It's defintely creamy, but when you actually try to "take it out" with the brush, it get's the consistency of lacking enough moist to it. I guess it's due to it being oil-free? Maybe. 
I was able to hold it on for 6 hours. It smudged a little bit, but didn't crease. I've had the one in brown before, and it smudged horrendously! 
I've tried better and more affordable brands that have gel eyeliners, so this is not a product that I think any highly off. I don't even know why I got it again since I remember throwing the brown to the bin after using it twice. It was really bad. But this black is better, I won't risk going out with it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment